Kelly Hashway. Julie Dao gave me a blog award. Thank you, Julie and Kelly. I'm not tagging anyone since I'm so behind; many of you probably have already been tagged with these.
1. What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?
Valerie is fictional.
2. When and where is the story set?
It is set in Miami in modern times.
3. What should we know about him/her?
She was getting over a breakup and a severe case of bullying when the next worst thing happened to her.
4. What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?
5. What is the personal goal of the character?
I'm combining these two questions because they are best answered by the synopsis I have so far: After a brutal rape and near-murder, Valerie wants to get past feelings of victimhood from both the assault and her history of being bullied. She’s plagued by not knowing the identity of her rapist and by the nasty rumors in school about that night. Valerie follows clues from ghostly entities, past victims of the rapist-murderer, contacting her through a social media site—why do all of their eerie photos have 52 likes under them? Their messages are leading her to the mystery man, although he’ll put up a fight to remain hidden.
6. Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?
It is called 52 LIKES. I only have the description to share, which can also be found on my YOUNG ADULT tab and on Goodreads.
7. When can we expect the book to be published?
It can be expected early next year.
1. If I have time off, I can fast draft a novel in two weeks. I learned this in June. I wrote 52 LIKES in that time span.
2. Some people think I'm a reading and writing machine. Actually, I have a to-do list that I strictly abide by.
3. Also, I don't watch TV. I used to, and I naturally read and wrote a lot less back then. I DVR movies, and I might watch one a week.
4. I'm not a phone person. I only tolerate phone calls from a few people. I prefer texts and emails. Years ago I had bad experiences being stuck on the phone for a prolonged time with chatty, obnoxious people, so now it's a turn-off.
5. I hoard lip products. At any given time I have a stash of 50 or more of them. I give many away and throw them out if they go bad.
6. I have no set sleep pattern. I might sleep at night and be up all day, or sleep in the evening and be up all night. It depends on my mood and what I have to do.
7. I need my caffeine. I drink soda daily, and many times tea or coffee.
That's it for now. Next week I'll post the answers to one more tag I have left.